The Gunpowder Store - This store dates from at least 1750 and was one of three built on this site, away from the castle walls. It is similar in design to some stores in HM Dockyards and was used by the military guard during the many wars in the 18th and 19th centuries when the castle was also a prison
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Waterside Lane
District Council: Fareham Borough Council
District Council Ward: Portchester East
County Council: Hampshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Fareham Portchester