On 6th August, 1729, the first voluntary hospital in Scotland was opened in a little house on this site, opposite the head of Robinson's Close. While still in that house in 1736, it became the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Infirmary Street
Unitary Authority: City of Edinburgh Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): City Centre
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Edinburgh Central