St. Michael's Church. One of the nine medieval parish churches of Chester. It stands on the site of the Southern Gateway of the Roman Fortress. In 1849-51 it was virtually rebuilt by the Chester architect James Harrison, although early features survive inside. St Michael's opened as Britain's first heritage centre in 1975.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: St Michael's Church, Bridge Street
Unitary Authority: Cheshire West and Chester Council