The Drapers Hall
The Guild of Shrewsbury Drapers
has been meeting on this site since 1485.
This Guildhall was built between 1576 and 1580.
The company prospered in the Welsh cloth trade
and dominated the life of the town
from the 1550s until 1700.
This plaque commemorates the restoration
of this building in 1993 by the
Drapers Company, London.
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: St. Mary's Place
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Quarry and Coton Hill