These ornamental gardens were formed from a walled kitchen garden built c.1816 for Thomas Nicholson of Roundhay Park. Inheriting the estate in 1833, his stepbrother Stephen added the canal, 350 by 34 feet, spanned by two rustic bridges and terminating in an arbour.
Erected: 21 June 2005
Plaque Colour: Blue
Local area map loading...
Location: Canal Gardens, on archway leading to Tropical World, LS8