Charles Keen and William Charles Macready black plaque in Aberdeen
Theatre Lane. In 1795 the Theatre Royal, seating 600, was created in Marischal Street by Stephen Kemble, brother of the actor John Philip Kemble.
Eminent performers included Charles Macready and Charles Keen.
The theatre flourished until 1872 when it was replaced by Her Majesty's Opera House, later the Tivoli, in Guild Street.