Clifton Cottage, Henry Hasler, and Emmanuel Baruh Lousada blue plaque in Sidmouth
Clifton Cottage Built 1826 by Emmanuel Baruh Lousada of Peak House, one of the first Jewish landowners in England, as a summerhouse. Let soon afterwards to Henry Hasler, artist and drawing master. It was enlarged in 19th c, gutted by fire in 1909. It was subsequently rebuilt in Regency style.