Joseph Toynbee and Arnold Toynbee blue plaque in London
Joseph Toynbee 1815-1866 aural surgeon and his son Arnold Toynbee 1852-1883 social philosopher lived here 1854-1866
Joseph Toynbee (30 December 1815 – 7 July 1866) was an English otologist, whose career was dedicated to pathological and anatomical studies of the ear.He was born in Heckington, Lincolnshire in 1815.
Arnold Toynbee (23 August 1852 – 9 March 1883) was a British economic historian also noted for his social commitment and desire to improve the living conditions of the working classes.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Merton
- Location: Beech Holme, 49 Wimbledon Parkside, SW19 Merton
- London Borough: Merton Borough Council
- London Borough Ward: Village
- London Assembly Constituency: Merton and Wandsworth
- UK Parliament Constituency: Wimbledon
- Region: London
Tell us what you know about Joseph Toynbee and Arnold Toynbee blue plaque in London