Red and black plaque № 9858 in Tywyn
Sorry, we don't have a photo of this plaque yet.
Opened in 1866, the Talyllyn Railway is the oldest continuously operated narrow gauge railway in Britain. In 1951 it became the world's first volunteer operated preserved railway.
At 7.25 miles long and with a gauge of 2 feet and 3 inches, the Talyllyn Railway is an important part of Welsh industrial heritage.
- Erected: 30 October 2011
- Plaque Colour: Red And Black
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Tywyn
- Location: Talyllyn Railway, Wharf Station
- Civil Community: Tywyn Community
- Unitary Authority: Gwynedd Council
- Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Tywyn
- Welsh Assembly Constituency: Dwyfor Meirionnydd
- Welsh Assembly Region: Mid and West Wales
- UK Parliament Constituency: Dwyfor Meirionnydd
- Region: Wales
Tell us what you know about Red and black plaque № 9858 in Tywyn