This relic of the ancient stonework, re-erected in 1908
marks the position of the Castle Street gate which
formed part of the fortification of the city in 1378.
The gate and west buttress were removed in 1788
and the east buttress in 1906.
Robert Michael Hall, Mayor
Francis Hodding, Town Clerk.
Plaque Colour: Stone
Local area map loading...
Location: Castle Street
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Salisbury St Edmund and Milford