Thomas Hobson blue plaque in Cambridge
Thomas Hobson 1544-1630
Carrier & stable keeper The most rested horse was Hobson's Choice - "that or none" The present Hobson House replaced a workhouse built by his charity
Thomas Hobson (ca. 1544–1631), sometimes called "The Cambridge Carrier", is best known as the name behind the expression Hobson's choice.
Local area map loading...
All plaques in Cambridge
- Location: Hobson House, 44 St Andrews Street
- District Council: Cambridge City Council
- District Council Ward: Market
- County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
- County Council Electoral Division: Market
- UK Parliament Constituency: Cambridge
- Region: Eastern
Tell us what you know about Thomas Hobson blue plaque in Cambridge