Faversham Abbey Outer Gateway (founded 1147). Northward from here, till 1538 the precinct of Faversham Abbey. The archway was demolished in 1772 but this eastern portion of the gatehouse (c 1250) now forms part of Arden's House. It incorporated a small chapel for the use of abbey guests and the window can still be seen.
Plaque Colour: White
Local area map loading...
Location: Arden's House, Abbey Street
District Council: Swale Borough Council
District Council Ward: Abbey
County Council: Kent County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Faversham
UK Parliament Constituency: Faversham and Mid Kent